Job Title: Site Coordinator
Job Type: Seasonal (Hourly) to Permanent (Salaried)
Hours: 20-30 hours/week
Wage: $21 per hour
Location: Worcester, MA
Site Coordinator Job Description
About Main IDEA:
Looking to work for a 100% Latina run community organization with a mission to empower youth through the arts? We’re looking for you too! We’re seeking a Site Coordinator to help us manage on-site logistics of our programming. Main IDEA works with community artists and university student volunteers to facilitate positive peer relationships between those groups and neighborhood youth. We offer programming for various art forms such as Visual Art, Culinary Art, Music and Dance, Drama, Creative Writing, and more! We also proudly partner with local organizations such as the City of Worcester, Worcester Public Schools, Worcester Public Library, and other youth organizations to host partner-workshops/programs.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Leverage your leadership skills to oversee and manage Main IDEA staff, make yourself available to all staff on-site for questions and support, and facilitate daily in-person team meetings in conclusion of the program and weekly virtual meetings at the beginning of the week.
- Report to the Executive Director who you’ll work with to create staff team-building and team training, as well as discuss program/staff updates and needs.
- Use your organizational skills and attention-to-detail as you work with the Resident Art Teacher to implement arts curriculum while managing on-site partnerships and logistics.
- Act as a substitute in the event the Resident Art Teacher is sick or one hadn’t been assigned yet.
- Manage all aspects of site locations to ensure quality of programming and safety of youth.
- Connect with youth in the community, assist them in performing daily activities, and provide one-on-one support.
- Use your written and verbal communication skills to facilitate training and planning sessions with teen leaders, and support the coordination and management of activities at their site.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is bilingual in Spanish & English (required) as this role operates in service to the Spanish-speaking community.
- Has experience (and enjoys!) working with children and families from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities.
- Brings 6 months of experience (required). That experience should be in youth development work and/or a youth serving program at a minimum. It would be a plus if those 6 months also included previous supervisory and administrative experience.
- Is able to collaborate, network, and build relationships with community partners, families, students, colleagues, and community members.
- Is committed to addressing inequities and developing a culture of accountability and inclusivity in the workplace and community.
- Is able and willing to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Is certified in CPR and First Aid (required). Main IDEA will arrange for recertification, if needed.
- Can pass a criminal background (CORI) check.
Are you Interested in pursuing this opportunity?
Send your resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com.
Open until filled. Preference is given to Worcester residents.