Main IDEA is now hiring interns! The following internships are available:
- Term 1: Sept–Dec
- Term 2: Jan–April
- Term 3: May–Aug
Main IDEA Internships operate in accordance with an academic calendar, and are subject to change depending on the applicant’s academic year.
Upon review of your application, a Main IDEA Team member will contact you if we wish to arrange an interview. Additionally, you are free to contact us with any further inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you again for your interest!
- Group Counselors/Leaders
- Art Teachers
- Visual Art
- Creative Writing
- Teen Program Leaders
- Networking with local businesses/organizations
- Community events and partnerships
- fostering relationships with local families
- Administrative Assisting
- Program Evaluation
- Grant Research and Writing
- Social Media Management
WHAT MAIN IDEA INTERNS CAN EXPECT:
- Training and support from our leadership team
- Flexible schedule
- Develop non-profit management and development skills
- Hands-on experience working with local youth and families
- A passionate and collaborative work environment
- First-hand knowledge of how art empowers under-resourced youth and communities
WHAT MAIN IDEA EXPECTS FROM INTERNS
- A love for kids
- A commitment and passion for our mission
- Average of 180 hours per term
- 15-20 hours/week
- 40 hours during week of Summer Program
- Responsibility, Teamwork, Tenacity, attention to detail, willingness to learn
- Must have transportation to/from the Program Sites (Clark University and Creative Hub)
- Spanish Speaking skills a plus
Compensation: Unpaid; funding available through LEEP Program.
Main IDEA offers credited internships ONLY.
To apply for our Volunteer Program, click here!