Main IDEA is now accepting internship applications!
The following internships are available:
- Term 1: Sept–Dec
- Term 2: Jan–April
- Term 3: May–Aug
Main IDEA Internships operate in accordance with an academic calendar, and are subject to change depending on the applicant’s academic year. Upon review of your application, a Main IDEA Team member will contact you if we wish to arrange an interview. Additionally, you are free to contact us with any further inquiries at email@example.com. Thank you again for your interest!
COVID-19 Policy & Procedure:
- All volunteers/staff must be fully-vaccinated (including Booster shots) for COVID-19
- All volunteers/staff must strictly maintain full-mask coverage during the duration of all indoor programming.
- COVID Symptoms: any volunteers/staff who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are strongly encouraged to not attend Main IDEA programming until first testing negative to COVID-19 and/or until symptoms resolve.
- Direct Exposure: any volunteers/staff who have had direct exposure to someone who has tested positive to COVID-19 within 24hrs must inform Main IDEA Director, Joy, prior to attending Main IDEA Programming, and test negative using a rapid test for 3 days (or 1 day using a PCR test).
- Positive Test Result: any volunteers/staff who receive a positive COVID-19 test result must inform Main IDEA Director and wait 5 days after receiving the positive test result before attending Main IDEA programming again; such volunteers/staff must also provide notice of receiving a negative RAPID test result before resuming Main IDEA programming.
- Main IDEA Policy Form
- Main IDEA CORI Form
- WPS CORI Form
- Photocopy/Photo of a state-issued I.D. or Passport
- Group Counselors/Leaders
- Visual Art Teachers
- Drama Teachers
- Music Teachers
- Dance Teachers
- Creative Writing Teachers
- Teen Program Leaders
- Networking with local businesses/organizations
- Community events and partnerships
- fostering relationships with local families
- Administrative Assisting
- Program Evaluation
- Grant Research and Writing
- Social Media Management
- Networking Events
*Applicants with a strong interest in this area must be available for the FULL 4-months of the internship; flexible schedule required.*
WHAT MAIN IDEA INTERNS CAN EXPECT:
- Training and support from our leadership team
- Staff Orientation & Training
- daily/weekly staff meetings
- one-on-one meetings with supervisor(s)
- staff surveys
- Flexible schedule
- Develop non-profit management and community development skills (see description above)
- Hands-on experience working with local youth and families
- A passionate and collaborative work environment
- First-hand knowledge of how art empowers under-resourced youth and communities
WHAT MAIN IDEA EXPECTS FROM INTERNS
- A love for kids
- A commitment and passion for our mission
- Average of 180 hours per term (dependent on internship requirements)
- 15-20 hours/week
- Ability to take initiative
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Responsibility, Teamwork, Tenacity, attention to detail, willingness to learn
- Must have transportation to/from the Program Sites (primarily on-site at Clark University)
- Spanish Speaking skills a plus
Compensation: Unpaid; Apply for funding opportunities here!