Teen Summer Arts Leadership Program
Goal: To develop young leaders through the arts
July 5 – Aug 13, 2022 (6-week program)
Weekly, Mon–Thurs, 1pm-5pm
University Park, Worcester
- Ages 13-17
- Spanish Speaking skills preferred
- A passion for Main IDEA’s mission to empower youth through the arts
- Display a strong potential for senior leadership
Role: Emphasis will be placed on leadership training and development.
- Art Mural Projects: Teen Leaders will have the opportunity to co-design and implement designs for public art projects throughout the city.
- Art Workshops: With assistance from their Adult Supervisor, Teen Leaders will be co-leading art classes as part of their duties for summer programming. Classes will feature instruction of an art form of their choice, depending on the intern’s expertise and interest. These art forms include but are not limited to visual art (various mediums), dance, drama, music, and creative writing. Teen applicants may request to participate specifically in their preferred arts class/classes.
- Featured Artists: Teen Leaders will also have the opportunity to work weekly with an Adult Artist Mentor to create and work toward a set of artistic goals for the duration of the program. These art forms include but are not limited to visual art (various mediums), dance, drama, music, and creative writing. Teen participants will also have the opportunity to feature and promote their own original art on Main IDEA’s social media platforms and website.
- Social Media: Teen Leaders will assist with the management and promotion of Main IDEA’s social media platforms, including TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Staff Meetings for Teen Leaders will be held the half hour prior & following to each program
During the week, Teen Leaders are expected to…
- Enthusiastically participate in all assigned arts classes and staff meetings
- Co-Supervise groups of 10-15 younger youth with Adult Supervisor
- Meet with their Adult Supervisor to debrief
- Shadow and assist an Arts Teacher
In Conclusion of the Internship, Teen Leaders are expected to…
- Provide feedback to Main IDEA regarding the Internship Program
- Receive an evaluation from their supervisor
- Receive an invitation to join Main IDEA’s Teen Advisory Board
All applicants must submit the following forms by May 30, 2022 in order to complete their application: