Main IDEA Youth & Arts and CC Lowell art store are joining forces for an Art Kit Giveaway for Worcester youth!
March 24 – Apr 10, 2020
How to participate:
1. CREATE VISUAL ART using any and all mediums you have around the house—sketching, coloring, painting, sculpting, and more!
3. A winner will be chosen at random and announced via social media at the end of each week of the Giveaway Campaign: March 27, April 3, and Apr 10 (3 Winners Total)! Each winner will receive a complimentary art kit (estimated worth of $25)
1. Art must be posted between March 24th until noon on Friday, April 10th, 2020.
2. Applicants for this contest must be under 18 years old live in Worcester County.
3. Submitted art content must be family-friendly (as determined by CC Lowell and Main IDEA).
4. Limit: 1 entry per username
5. Awardees are responsible to pick up the art kits themselves from CC Lowell once the store is open again to the public (Youth Awardee must be present upon pickup).
We look forward to seeing your art!
POSTPONED: Paint Like Van Gough!
Mon, Mar 16th, 2020
3pm-5pm | Worcester Public Library (Main Branch), Teen Room
Come learn a technique used by Van Gogh and apply it to make your own unique masterpiece! Ages: 12 to 17
Teen Art Night & Open Mic – Apr
Tues, Apr 28th, 2020
6pm-7:30pm | Worcester PopUp at JMAC, 20 Franklin St., Worcester
Main IDEA Youth & Arts is excited to continue hosting our Teen Open Mic & Art Night event series at the Worcester PopUp! These events are FREE and are open to all teens/tweens ages 10-17. Come by to sketch, paint, and create your own work of art, share/listen to a song or spoken word, and enjoy free refreshments! Parents/guardians and friends/family are welcome to stay to watch the performances; parents/guardians dropping off must sign their teen in/out in order for their child to participate. Space for open mic performers is limited; sign up to reserve your performance spot at email@example.com. Street parking may be found around the Worcester PopUp building (20 Franklin Street), as well as the Worcester Public Library Parking ($1/hr) .
The Worcester PopUp is a creative co-working space of the Worcester Cultural Coalition in partnership withThe Barr Foundation. This event is not sponsored by, nor does it necessarily reflect the views of the Worcester Cultural Coalition.
Learn more here!