CALL FOR ART!
Reign Cafe is collaborating with Main IDEA Youth & Arts to create a community mural with Worcester youth artists! The mural will be featured on the floor of the site’s brand new location in the DCU Center at 50 Foster Street, Worcester, and be led by local artist, John Vo.
How to Participate:
- CREATE an original design on the Reign Cafe Crown Logo (black and white/grayscale only). Download the template:
- SHARE: Post a high-quality photo of your design on social media, tagging @mainideama and @reigncafe, listing your name, age, city of residence, email address, and an answer to the prompt question: “How do you make it Reign?” Submissions can also be emailed to email@example.com.
- QUALIFICATIONS: participants must reside in Worcester County, and be no older than age 18.
- DEADLINE: All entries must be received by Oct 15, 2020.
- SELECTION: Final designs will be chosen from submissions on OCT 19TH, 2020, and announced on Main IDEA and Reign Cafe’s social media. Chosen designs will then be painted on to the final mural design!
The owner of Reign Cafe, Tam Le, received his degree in Fine Arts from Brandeis in 2003. “Finding a way to stay creative, and to find success while being an artist at heart has been a wonderful life challenge. I wouldn’t be where I am without the opportunities given to me by those before me, and without having amazing role models (my parents), and I feel it to be my purpose to pay it forward. We want to collaborate with local artists and neighborhood youth so that we, together, can feel the joy that one feels when creating something beautiful. The crown in our logo signifies royalty; we believe that everyone is royal, and that everyone is the ruler of their domain. We want to empower everyone to be their best selves.”
So the question is–how do YOU make it Reign, Worcester?